Thursday, July 2, 2020

25A – What’s Next?

exiiting market:

I think the next service should be a dessert delivery service. Because it is difficult for people to make dessert at home and they're a lot of ingredients. People do not want to spend time learning what kind of ingredient they want to use and what are steps to make dessert. However, after I interview three people, two of them remind me there are too many competitors in the market. They are specialized in making dessert so it is hard to compete with them. In addition, dessert and grocery are totally different in two categories, it is also hard for a company to specialize in two things. I think their comments are fair but I do not think it is very impossible. I can make a special seafood dessert since my company mainly offer seafood. I hardly see stores have seafood dessert so I think it is possible to hire some professional dessert master to create something new.

 

New market: 

Some people may refuse to order delivery because they do not like cooking. I think the best way is to use social media to publicize  the harm of unhealthy food. If we can turn the people who refuse to cook for those who like cooking, there will be more chance that this person will use the delivery service. The new customers will find that the delivery service is very simple and convenient, he or she will get used to the service. The price is relatively low, the product is good and the time is saved. These are all values to the customers. Two of interviewee believes advertising the harm of unhealthy snacks can be a good idea. But advertising should also include the name of my company so people will choose this company. 

 I think the new market may not be as successful as the existing market. Also, advertising can be useful but everyone actually knows the harm of snacks. Everyone knows cooking by themselves is the most healthy way. I currently have no greater idea and I hope in the future I can come up with something new.           

2 comments:

  1. Hello Yile,
    I agree that dessert delivery is a great new venture idea. You are correct that many desserts such as cakes, pastries are challenging to make at home because of the preparation time as well as need of ingredients, therefore it seems like a viable business idea. Your new market idea is quite ambitious as I think people will continue to prep/cook their own food rather than buying outside all the time, but it might be possible in the future. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yile,
    Great post! I think you included a lot of detailed information about a current market and a possible new market for your business venture. I think a dessert delivery service would be popular since desserts are typically harder to make and need a lot more ingredients than a typical dish requires. This could be an interesting avenue for your business.

    ReplyDelete

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3