Thursday, July 2, 2020

27A – Reading Reflection No. 3

I read Coco Chanel by Lisa for this assignment. 

 What surprised me most was Chanel's family background. I always think she must be born in a rich family and she had high-level education, but the truth was her father was a market trader and her mother died when she was only 11. I think it was hard for a young girl, but she was successful in the end. The family background really surprised me.

 The kind of entrepreneur I admire most is who is always creative. I chose Coco Chanel because I like luxuries, including expensive makeup, shoulder bags, or clothes. I believe it is always hard to build a new luxury brand, the founder must be professional in this area and also have business knowledge. 

The kind of entrepreneur that I least admire is the person who gives up when meeting failure. It is so important to lose money when investing or doing business, but I believe finding the solutions and erase past mistakes are true ways to face failure.

 

I think one of the competencies of Chanel was she was really confident and daring to use a different material, like cheap fur from rabbits and jersey. I am not sure if the cheap raw material can be counted as "creative" or "inferior", but I think she is really creative and bold. 

 

If I can ask her two questions, I will ask:

1. What is the biggest advantage of Chanel compare to other brands like Dior, Gucci?

2. What do you think is the most important characteristic for someone to start a new business?

 

I still believe that entrepreneurs always like hard work. Hard work makes people different. If your own business is hard but unique, nobody can copy the business, you must be successful. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello Yile,

    Seems like you really enjoyed reading this book! It is surprising to hear that Coco Chanel was not raised in a rich household, as her brand is quite luxurious. It must have been a tough journey for her to get to where she did. I like your point that it is important for entrepreneurs to stick with their ideas even if it might fail at the start. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yile,
    Although I did not read this book it seems very interesting. I think you went above and beyond when completing this assignment leaving no detail out. I actually want to read this book now to help me grow into a hard worker and how to put that towards my work, similar to Chanel did. Keep up the good work, Mayson

    ReplyDelete

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3