Monday, June 22, 2020

21A – Reading Reflection No. 2

I read the book "Innovation and Entrepreneurship". I personally think the theme of the book is to talk about some innovative ideas in new business and how they achieve success. There a lot of cases and key ideas, the useful experience that we can learn from.

 

I think the book mainly tells us to be more creative and keep on innovating. Even if a successful company should also be innovative because there are a lot of competitors outside. We should always keep on the trend because the technology and society change every day. The book was really related to our class. In Ent 3003, I think I become more creative than before since we have to write the business idea, interview, reflections every week so I felt like I am always come up with new ideas from myself or other people. Because of interviewing some people, I got more valuable suggestions and my idea of online delivery service can actually be a business. Thanks to "innovation".

 

I will design an exercise of creating a draft strategy for our own business. What are the type of people we want to work with, what kind of material, equipment or furniture that we need, how much profit we want to earn for each year, etc? Although it is hard to estimate and most of us do not have the experience, I think we can just set a goal and pursue it.

 

The book surprised me when I read the shoe retailer took the advantage of "baby boom" (after the Second World War). There are more and more teenagers so the demand actually arises. I have never thought of it before. I guess food or house or other daily commodities will be rare or more valuable but not shoes. 

 


1 comment:

  1. Hello Yile,
    I totally agree with your idea that we need to come up with creative situations to suit the needs of present society. The book you read seems like a great introduction to the concept of innovation and how you can innovate in your local community. The activity you have chosen is also very viable as people should be able to set a goal and have predictions about how their business might turn out before fully committing to it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3