Monday, June 8, 2020

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1

1. My name is Yile Li, and my major in Finance. I really want to make a new business that can make people's life more convenient. The grocery delivery service is not only useful in the epidemic situation but also useful in the future. I am good at finding people's unmet needs and provide more creative ideas and solutions for them. I also love to communicate with people to find out what their concerns and suggestions. In the first year in UF, I joined CSA public relations department and signed contracts to some companies to sponsor CSA. The experience in CSA really provides me with the opportunity to communicate with my "customers" and find out what their concerns, what I can do to help them, and achieve a win-win result.

2. I am going to offer my customers with grocery. Some companies already offer this service now, but the food is always limited to the store and the price is really high. During the epidemic situation, the existing companies can not make sure the delivery persons are safe and the food is safe. So now I will check every delivery person's body temperature every day and provide the data to customers to make them feel safe. In the future, I will provide more categories of groceries and keep the price the same or even lower than the store.

3. Customers care about health and money. Because of COVID, people want to make sure food is clean so my business have a competitive advantage. In the future, people also do not want to spend more money if the order food online. Some people just hate to do grocery shopping or some people do not have time. We can not charge different prices on the same product.

4. When people ordering online, they may have some specific needs. For example, some people want the beef to be cut into small pieces rather than a big slice. However, in many grocery stores, they do not offer that service. So in my business, I would allow customers to leave notes under their order and make clear their specific needs. The employee is told to be more patient and try their best to fulfill the need. Instead, some food in grocery stores is not fresh, so the pick-up person just gives customers bad groceries. In my business, employees are required to get rid of bad groceries every day and make sure customers get the best. If people are not satisfied, they can check the food before the delivery person leave and get refunds. I want people to get the most high-quality product and service as well as the lowest price. 

I think elements fit together. I believe my business provide competitive advantages comparing to other exsisting companies. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yile,
    I think when it comes to ordering online its a very easy process, however there are very specific needs as well. I learned a lot more about your topic through this process. I think it will be very beneficial to you in the long run and i think you have a great solution stated in number 4 on how to keep people satisfied. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3