Friday, May 15, 2020

3A--My Entrepreneurship Story


  When I was in middle school, I was the team leader of a reading study group. We spend a whole semster to read the book "Jane Eyre". Our assignment is to give a presentation of one chapter in this book to the whole class. As a team leader, I firstly assign different mission to each team members. One student is responsible for write a summary, one should write analysis, and one writes reflection, etc. Then I ask group members to give their work three days before the presentation so that I can organize the work together. I believe I should read carefully of this chapter most carefully since I should know most. The hardest part is that some of group members do not always think carefully. They just write some simple sentences and think they finish their parts. 
So I always give the student who is less hardworking the easiest part to do. I always encourage groum members to be hard-working by showing them how great other groups are. I also read carefully and write a lots of good reflection and anlysis of the story, so they can be inspired by me. 

I enrolled in this class because I want to learn how to be a good entrepreneur. Although I am not pretty sure what I am going to do in the future, I want to learn how to start a brand new business. I think I am always creative and hard-working, and I can come up with great ideas if I start a new business. 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Yile,
    I think your entrepreneurship story was awesome. The fact that you were a team leader of a study group in middle school is impressive. I agree that as a team leader it is important to carefully assign and delegate roles to each member. It is ideal to give people roles that they will excel in. I think it is great that you are aware of your strong characteristics and that you have self confidence to do anything you set your mind to. I think you did a great job overall in sharing your experience in entrepreneurship with the exception of a few grammar errors. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Yile,

    I am impressed by your leadership abilities during your study group. It was a great move on your part to encourage the team members to continue their progression even when the task was challenging. I also like the fact that you gave the easier part to the less hardworking student that way they do not feel overwhelmed and might end up surprising you and others of his/her true potential. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yile! Great job on your post. I always try to be the leader in group projects to make sure all parts of the project are done right. Asking group members to turn in their work before the deadline is a great idea. I also enrolled in this course to learn how to be a good entrepreneur. Overall great post and very informative.

    ReplyDelete

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3