Wednesday, June 3, 2020

9A – Testing the Hypothesis, Part 2

I talked to my two neighborhoods, my two net friends, and a barber when I went to a barbershop. Although most of them told me the food delivery service is necessary during COVID circumstance, a small amount of them told me they did not order groceries for nearly two months and they only eat instant noodles and snacks. 

 

who:

The net friend and the barber told me that they did not know how to cook. They never make meals before. Ever since they graduated from high school, they stop live at parents’ homes so they can not eat food made by their parents. However, in the university and work, they refuse to cook for themselves. Instead, they just order delivery food from restaurants or eat at friends’ homes. Truly, they never make food themselves; they only know how to cook instant noodles. However, during the epidemic, all of the restaurants were closed and people are not allowed to go outside, they can not get any food at all. Obviously, everyone needs food. So they have to eat instant noodles and snacks for nearly two months. I cannot believe in ears.

 

What:

So I believe everyone needs healthy food, not only food. Healthy food means using fresh groceries to make a meal, not snacks. If a person only eats snacks for a long period, the nutrition will be inadequate. But some young adults never learned to cook and they do not want to spend time to learn. They would rather play video games than making a meal. Some young people do not care about their health. They think the only function for food is to make people not hungry. They do not care about the nutrition problem at all. Another important reason is that some people believe they cannot make delicious meals in a short period of time so they rather eat snacks. Snacks taste better than the food they make.

 

Why:

I think the underlying cause for people not buying groceries but only buy snacks is they do not care about health. They think health is not important so they do not want to spend any time in making a meal. However, everyone needs food, but not everyone thinks highly of nutrition in the food.

 

Inside the boundary:

Who is in: people who like making meals by themselves; people who want healthy meals; people who think highly of nutrition; people who want food that taste better.

What the need is: Meals are full of nutrition and taste good.

Why the need exists: Most people can not stand to eat snacks for a long time and they think health is really important. So they want to spend more money to buy groceries and make healthy food.

 

Outside the boundary:

Who is in: people who are too lazy to make food; people who do not want to spend time on cooking at all; people who do not trust they can cook so they just eat snacks; people who refuse to learn to cook.

What the need is: They also need to eat so they choose to eat snacks so they do not have to cook at all.

Why the need exists: they just do not think highly of nutrition.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Yile,
    I like your solution for a food delivery service during this pandemic. It seems like a great way for people to eat healthier options rather than just processed/frozen food. Do you plan on making it a local food delivery system, by which you have regular folks making food and charging them for the delivery service, or just a delivery service to the popular restaurants in the area? If it were a local network-based food service, I feel like it could create more jobs and satisfy the needs of healthy and fresh food for the customers. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yile,
    I really was interested with the people you interviewed and there responses. I always find that so fascinating and I think that health is another big issue that we face and why people buy snacks. I think bringing more healthy food in is a great solution and I am excited to see where you take this. I could really use this unmet need and many other people will too. I enjoy this topic. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

22A – Elevator Pitch No. 3