1.
opportunity: Because of the
virus, China forbids all of the citizens from going outside for nearly two
months. People have to find a way to get food; some companies see this
opportunity and provide food delivery food.
2.
Who: all of the citizens
What: people can not go outside and they need food.
Why: the government asks people to stay at home, so fewer
people will be infected.
3.
Testing who:
I think all people need this. Although it only lasts for
two months, the epidemic situation will still last for a long time. People
should try their best to stay at home. Obviously, everyone needs food so the
demand is really high.
Testing what:
The deliverer should be tested negative so he can work, but
it takes time. Measuring temperature is an easier method but the normal body
temperature cannot make sure everything. Obviously, the price of groceries will
increase a lot.
Testing why: Of course, everyone needs food but not
everyone needs food delivery food. Since the epidemic happens during the spring
festival in China, many people go to rural places to visit family members. In
rural places, many families actually cultivate vegetables and raise stocks. So
some families actually can eat groceries that they plant, and they do not need
the delivery service.
4.
Interview
1.
My grandmother who lives in a rural
place
who: I do not need the service. It costs a lot and I do not
want to waste money on that. I have a large land I can totally eat cabbage,
carrots, eggs, chicken for the whole two months. (She has a lot more than
that).
What: I do not think the delivery service is effective in
my home. There are nearly no stores in the town and no one will provide service
in rural places.
Why: I think people in cities actually need it. All of the grocery
stores are closed and people do not have food inventory. Chinese do not have
the habit to store food.
2.
My younger sister
Who: Absolutely
need it! All of the grocery stores and restaurants are closed. The government
implements the rule very strictly.
What: There is
only a limited amount of food that we can pick. Price is high, but it is not an
important problem relative to this problem. I can not only eat green cabbage,
spinach, tomato, potato, pork, eggs, chicken for two months. I hope the grocery
store can provide more choices.
Why: I do not
understand why some people do not the service. I mean, people who live in
cities.
3.
My friend, Xiang Li
Who: Everyone needs it.
What: It seems like the delivery companies are profitable
during this period, but in fact, they take a lot of risks. For example, if
there is a single one person in the production line is tested positive, all the
food will be infected.
Why: There are not enough food reserves at home, and the
storage space of the family is small. Only go to the grocery store once a week,
even if the government allowed, is not very possible. In addition, some food
cannot be stored for a long time, so these services are required to continue to
provide services
4.
My friend, Yifan xie
Who: Although I am currently in the U.K, I do think it is
necessary. The government is right, the fewer people go outside, the fewer
people will get infected.
What: Every coin has two sides. It is true that we can not
make sure the food can be 100% not be infected by the virus, it is the only way
we can use it. Choose from the small probability of getting infected or live
without food, we obviously will choose the first choice.
Why: As I said before, we have no other choice. We do not
live in a rural place and we do not plant by ourselves, we have to depend on
this society.
5.
My friend, Sandy
Who: Everyone needs this service, and I think it is a great
business opportunity.
What: Some elder people are not familiar with the cell
phone app. They do not know how to order food, so their child needs to order
food for them, which is a little bit inconvenient.
Why: I think everyone in China prefers to stay at home
because we are scared of the virus. No one wants to get infected so no one goes
outside. The service is really necessary for this special condition.
Summary:
I did not realize we actually have more barriers than I thought before. Some people live in rural places may not need the service because there is no service here; the delivery service is only in cities. Elder people are not familiar with phone apps so they can not order food for themselves. The price is high, also it is a disadvantage, not a serious barrier. But I think 90% people find it neccessary since people can not live without food.
Hi Yile,
ReplyDeleteIts me again, I just really enjoy reading your blogs and always think you go above and beyond. When testing the hypothesis, I honestly found this assignment a struggle because it was hard for me to narrow down to one opportunity. I really think you nailed this assignment and gained a lot more information when interviewing people. When I interviewed people, I also used friends and family and think that is the best way to gain the most knowledge about our topics. I learned so much as well towards my hypothesis and enjoyed reading yours as well. Thank you and keep up the fantastic work once again!
Hello Yile,
ReplyDeleteI definitely think there is an opportunity in your idea as it does become tough for people to buy groceries in the midst of the pandemic. It was be an idea that a lot of people would end up utilizing because they are scared to go out during these times. My question you to is, how is this service different from that of companies such as Grubhub and UberEats? Great post!